Slip and fall is a very common accident that happens with all of us. Whether we are in our bathroom, walking out of a mall, or anywhere else. The majority of times, you are not seriously injured. That is why we don’t take it seriously or any precautions for it.
However, if it’s your unlucky day, a slip and fall can leave you with serious injuries. Falls are one of the leading reasons for emergency room visits in America. Every year, millions of Americans suffer from slip and fall.
Some of the injuries that can be caused by slip and fall accidents are:
- Broken bones: Normally, we slip and fall on our bump. But if we fall in an awkward position towards our hands or shoulders, broken bones are a possibility.
- Sprained ankles or wrists: Imagine walking down a stair, and you slip. All the pressure is now on your ankles or wrists. Even a small twist causes a lot of pain.
- Shoulder dislocation: You might dislocate your shoulder while falling, and this requires immediate surgery to recover from the injury.
- Spine or nerve damage: If fall with momentum on your back, then there is a chance of spine or nerve damage. That area is very sensitive, so immediate treatment is required.
- Cuts and bruises: If you are lucky enough, you would only experience some cuts and bruises on the body. It will pain for a while, but it will go away.
As you can see, slip and fall can go wrong. So walk carefully anywhere you go.